In this hands on course, students will learn how to create a 3D object by using a parametric CAD software. The software we will be using is called ProEngineer Wildfire, which is a popular CAD software used in the manufacturing industry today. Students will learn how to do basic features such as extrude, project, sweep, revolve, and assemble objects through a variety of different projects. The final project is the students will create their dream home (minimum of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and dining room), as well as create the standard items that would be found in those rooms (TV, light switches, stove, oven, bed, dresser, shower, etc). They will create all of these items as individual projects, then put them together as a assembly to create their dream home.
- Students will be able to complete a parametric, 3 dimensional part, to real life dimensions.
- Students will be able to use the extrude, revolve, project, and round features of a 3 dimensional CAD software.
- Students will be able to create a 2 dimensional drawing using the CAD software, which will show the top, front, and side of an object, as well as the dimensions of the object.
- Students will be able to create a assembly, by creating individual drawings, and then putting those individual drawings together to create one larger project made up of the individual drawings.
- Students will be able to solve a design problem to meet the specific needs of a customer.