Standards Based Grading
- All lessons and assessments will be based on the standards and extra credit is not given at any time.
- Summative assessments are weighted at 85%, presummative assessments are weighted at 10% and practices are weighted at 5%.
- Students will be allowed multiple and differentiated opportunities to practice and demonstrate their understanding of classroom standards through various assessments.
- Retakes of summative assessments will be allowed, however, this will be at the discretion of the teacher. For instance, a retake would only be permitted if the student have completed all practices and presummative assessments to a satisfactory standard.
- Students are expected to initiate the revision/retake process with teachers within a timely manner. A two-week window being the current time frame.
In the Standards Based Grading Process, Rubrics will be used to accurately describe the level of understanding and learning that each student is demonstrating.
4: Demonstrates thorough understanding of course or grade level standard.
3.5: Demonstrates understanding of most of course or grade level standard.
3: Demonstrates a developing understanding of course or grade level standard.
2: Demonstrates partial understanding of course or grade level standard.
1: Demonstrates minimal understanding of course or grade level standard.
The individual scores a student receives based on the Grading Rubric Criteria will be averaged, as has been done historically at RCW, to figure out a total percentage.