In this course, students will learn basic Automotive information that all vehicle owners should know. Topics will include basic parts of a car, engine theory and basic parts of a engine, precision measurement, oil changes, how to fix flats, basic maintenance, brakes, and basic electrical. This is a half hands on course, and half claassroom course. Students will take apart a actual car engine (non running), as well as veiw demos of basic car maintenance.
Auto Essential Standards
1. Students will be able to define the 4 stroke engine theory.
2. Students will be bale to indentify the components of a nengine required to make it run.
3. Students will be able to define engine equations such as work, force, torque, horsepower, stroke, piston displacement, and engine size.
4. Students will be able to do a oil change.
5. Students will be bale to properly maintain a car by checking fluids and identifting leaks.
6. Students will be able to change a flat tire.
7. Students will be able ot jump start a car.
8. Students will be able to identify the compnents of a vehicle braking system.